Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

September 2005 Tallaght Area Committee 2 Meeting Agenda


Date:
26/09/2005 00:00
Location:
Council Chamber
Standing Orders:
View

A pre-meeting will take place at 3pm between Mr. Willie Murphy, Divisional Manager, Dublin Bus and the Tallaght Area Committee Councillors in relation the Emergency Motion that was passed at the Tallaght Area Committee (2) meeting of 27th June, 2005 regarding the curtailment of services of the 56A bus route.

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Housing Administration
Minutes of Meeting of 27th June 2005 (circulated herewith)

Development

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Corr
Responsibility:
Ann Concannon
"To ask the Manager to devise a schedule of regular cleanups for the pocket of land between the rear of Kilmartin Estate and St Aidans Halting site as it has been raised regularly at Dublin Bus Community Forum meetings by Dublin Bus representatives, that the accumulated debris at this location has been used regularly as missiles for passing buses and is a major cause for concern for Dublin Bus drivers?"

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Corr
Responsibility:
Ann Concannon,Hugh Hogan

"To ask the Manager if enforcement proceedings have been commenced against the owner of a derelict site at *(details supplied) and if so what is the current status of this site?"

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Corr
Responsibility:
Ann Concannon

"To ask the Manager to report on progress to date on the approval or otherwise of a potential site for changing facilities for Croi Ro Naofa GAA Club in Killinarden, recognising the urgency of the request given that the Club has severe funding constraints on them and may stand to lose this funding if work does not commence as soon as possible?"

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor J. Daly
Responsibility:
Ann Concannon,Hugh Hogan
"To ask the Manager to detail his efforts during the Summer to deal with the need for employment creation to cater for the growing population in Tallaght West?"

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor J. Daly
Responsibility:
Ann Concannon,Hugh Hogan
"To ask the Manager to seek details from the developer in respect of the redevelopment of the old shopping centre at Killinarden Estate detailing progress being made with the building and confirming when shop units will be available?"

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor J. Daly
Responsibility:
Ann Concannon,Hugh Hogan
"To ask the Manager to give details of any sites still available for development on the Town Centre lands?"

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Maloney
Responsibility:
Ann Concannon,Hugh Hogan

"To ask the Manager to report on progress relating to the transfer of ownership of the open space at Pinelawn, Old Bawn, to this Council."

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Murphy
Responsibility:
Ann Concannon,Geraldine McDonnell
"In answer to a question at the Nov 2004 meeting it was stated that the lane at the back of the 80s on Tymonville Road would be closed except for the 1st two houses. Could an indication be given as to the likely timeframe for this to be completed?"

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Warren
Responsibility:
Ursula Donnellan
"To ask the Manager what discussions have taken place with his Department and the Department of Education and Science in connection with a proposal to erect railings at Tynan Hall in Kingswood Heights, following a decision by the Department to provide funding for this project as a means of helping the local community to deter anti-social elements from accessing the Department's lands, when the railings in question will be erected and if he will make a statement on the matter?"

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Development, Econ. & Transport Planning Dept.

New Works

(if any)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Development, Econ. & Transport Planning Dept.
(None received)

Roads

Questions

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Corr
Responsibility:
Muiris O'Keeffe,Seamus Daly

"To ask the Manager to carry out a traffic safety audit in Saggart Village proper as the current problems experienced in this area at peak hours are rendering the main street inaccessible for residents of Saggart in particular Parc Mhuire, with a view to installing additional pedestrian friendly measures such as Traffic lights etc?"

 

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Corr
Responsibility:
Thomas Curtin,Tony O Grady

"To ask the Manager to investigate the possibility of installing additional traffic calming measures in the De Selby estate given the high levels of through traffic that the estate experiences and the high levels of speeding cars and so-called joyriding incidents in the area on a daily and nightly basis?"

 

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Corr
Responsibility:
Muiris O'Keeffe,Seamus Daly
"To ask the Manager to carry out an examination of the potential extension of a lay-by at the top of The Rise, Belgard Heights to allow additional spaces for safe and efficient parking for parents dropping their children to the nearby Ard Mhuire School? "

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Corr
Responsibility:
Muiris O'Keeffe,Seamus Daly

"To ask the Manager to carry out an evaluation of traffic at the intersection of the Fortunestown Lane with the Cheeverstown Road, this location has become lethal with respect to frustrated motorists coming off or going on to the Fortunestown Lane and given the current trend to take a chance in the hope that oncoming traffic will slow down it is only a matter of time before a major accident will happen at this junction?"

Qu (14)

Submitted by:
Councillor J. Daly
Responsibility:
John McLoughlin,Seamus Fagan
"To ask the Manager to detail how he intends to deal with the concerns of residents of Fettercairn in respect of proposals for the Embankment Road extension which will create additional traffic past St. Marks Community School, St. Marks house on into Fettercairn Estate and will he make a full statement in the matter?"

Qu (15)

Submitted by:
Councillor J. Daly
Responsibility:
Thomas Curtin,Tony O Grady
"To ask the Manager if he had has any complaints regarding recently installed traffic calming in Ballycullen Drive and will he detail his proposed actions in the matter?"

Qu (16)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Maloney
Responsibility:
Denis Ryan,Frank Moran

"To ask the Manager when the public lighting to the rear of the Avonbeg 3 Redevelopment will become operational."

Qu (17)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Murphy
Responsibility:
Denis Ryan,Pat Harty
"To ask the Manager can the Roads Department comment on what plans they have if any to remove the Tunnels at the Balrothery, M50 Roundabout?  There have been some attacks in these Tunnels."

Qu (18)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Murphy
Responsibility:
Denis Ryan,Pat Harty
To ask the Manager what he proposes to do about the flooding in front of the rain water run-off from behind the Bus Stop situated between the two roundabouts at Glenview.

Qu (19)

Submitted by:
Councillor J. Neville
Responsibility:
Denis Ryan,Pat Harty
"To ask the Manager to have repaired the following footpaths in view of their condition and the probability of an accident happening at these locations and the consequences theirin, the footpaths outside 33 & 40 Westpark Estate.

Qu (20)

Submitted by:
Councillor J. Neville
Responsibility:
Denis Ryan,Pat Harty
"To ask the Manager to have repaired the following footpaths in view of their condition and the probability of an accident happening at these locations and the consequences theirin, the footpaths outside 46 & 57 Maplewood ave?"

Qu (21)

Submitted by:
Councillor J. Neville
Responsibility:
Denis Ryan,Pat Harty
"To ask the Manager to have arranged the insertion of two shores at *(details supplied) and will the Manager note the history of flooding at this location as were highlighted in a recent planning application and will the Manager make a statement on the issues raised within this question?"

Qu (22)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Warren
Responsibility:
Muiris O'Keeffe
"To ask the Manager what action, if any, can this Committee take in relation to the problem of parking in the Sylvan area and the entrance to Kingswood Heights due to people travelling on the Luas and leaving their cars at these locations for long periods of time and will he make a statement on the matter?"

Qu (23)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Warren
Responsibility:
Muiris O'Keeffe,Seamus Daly
"To ask the Manager to estimate the cost to South Dublin County Council in respect of the traffic lights that were installed on the roundabout of Ballymount Road Upper on the M50, and if a road count was organised at this location before the project was sanctioned, and to confirm that these lights were only ever used on one occasion, and during that day, the introduction of the lights in question resulted in traffic gridlock and chaos for all motorists coming from the Embankment Road area of Tallaght, and if he will make a statement on the matter?"

Qu (24)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Warren
Responsibility:
Muiris O'Keeffe,Seamus Daly
"To ask the Manager what progress has been made in respect of providing a proper pedestrian crossing on the N81 close to the junction of the Deselby Housing Estate, and given the number of pedestrians who have to currently access the N81, from this estate, including those who use public transport, the likely timeframe involved before a pedestrian crossing will be established, and if he will make a statement on the matter?"

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Roads Department
Responsibility:
Michael Seery

Proposed Extinguishment of Public Right of Way at Raheen Close to Whitebrook Park

(To be circulated)

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Roads Department
Responsibility:
Michael Seery

Proposed Extinguishment of Public Right of Way at 115/120 Balrothery Estate

(Circulated herewith)

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Roads Department
Responsibility:
Thomas Curtin

Naming of Greenhills Road Extension

(Circulated herewith)

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Roads Department
Responsibility:
Andrew O'Mullane

Parking Bye Law Report

(Circulated herewith)

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Roads Department
Responsibility:
Thomas Curtin,Tony O Grady

Section 38 Report - The Park, Millbrook Lawns Traffic Calming Scheme

(Circulated Herewith)

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Roads Department
Responsibility:
Thomas Curtin,Tony O Grady

Section 38 Report - Kilclare Avenue Traffic Calming Scheme

(Circulated Herewith)

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Roads Department
Responsibility:
Michael Seery

Declaration of Roads to be Public Roads

Oldcourt Phase 1 and Old Court Lawn with footpath on Allenton Road, Tallaght

(Circulated Herewith)

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Roads Department

New Works

(if any)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Roads Department
(None received)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Councillor E. Maloney
Responsibility:
Muiris O'Keeffe,Seamus Daly

Cathaoirleachs Business

"That this committee urges the Roads Department to examine the Council land bordering Scoil Ard Mhuire NS, Belgard for the purpose of providing a safe "drop off" location for children who are transported to school."

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor J. Neville
Responsibility:
Eamon Cunningham
"That this Committee notes the report on a motion presented to this area committee last December pertaining to the opening of two pedestrians accesses to Tallaght Hospital (the Adelaide & Meath hospital, Dublin incorporating the National Childrens Hospital) and calls on Tallaght Hospital to expedite the submission of said planning applications."

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. Jones
Responsibility:
Michael Seery

"That this Committee supports that action is taken without delay to extinguish the right of way between Woodstown Shopping Centre and Woodstown Crescent and that every procedure possible is adhered to in order to bring an end to the anti-social and criminal behaviour taking place in this area."

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. Jones
Responsibility:
Denis Ryan,Pat Harty

"That this Committee calls for the repair and replacement of all damaged and incomplete road signage on the Old Court Road and at the junctions in the immediate vicinity."

Corporate Services

Questions

Qu (25)

Submitted by:
Councillor J. Daly
Responsibility:
Gary Keogh

"To ask the Manager to make contact with the Health Services Executive and seek confirmation that active consideration is being given to the need for health centre provision in Fettercairn, Tallaght?"

Qu (26)

Submitted by:
Councillor J. Daly
Responsibility:
Gary Keogh
"To ask the manager to write to Dublin Bus and ask for guarantees that proper provision will be made in respect of the need for bus services to all new estates on Kiltipper Road?"

Headed Items

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Corporate Performance and Change Management Directorate

New Works

(if any)

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Corporate Performance and Change Management Directorate
(None received)

Motions

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Councillor C. Jones
Responsibility:
Abe Jacob

"That this Committee calls for a revised approach by the Housing Department for dealing with customers on a “walk-in” basis, in order that these customers can be treated with an appropriate level of discretion and sensitivity."

Planning

Questions

Qu (27)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Corr
Responsibility:
Patricia Devlin

To ask the Manager to indicate the likely date that an Area Action Plan for Saggart Village will be drawn up, recognising the importance of this and the urgency with which this is required given the major increase in development and population in the area in the past three years?

 

Qu (28)

Submitted by:
Councillor J. Daly
Responsibility:
Michael Kenny
"To ask the Manager to detail contact he has had with the local community group in the general Bohernabreena area regarding the need for appropriate housing development particularly for local people in the area?"

Qu (29)

Submitted by:
Councillor J. Daly
Responsibility:
Katherine Banks
"To ask the Manager to detail the planning status of each of the mast in the Whitestown Estate, Tallaght?"

Qu (30)

Submitted by:
Councillor J. Daly
Responsibility:
Katherine Banks
"To ask the Manager if he has finalised action in respect of planning issues previously brought to his attention by residents of Sundale Road in respect of housing development to the rear of their homes?"

Qu (31)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Daly
Responsibility:
Dara Larkin
"To ask the Manager to update this Committee on the proposed developments at the Iceland site in Tallaght Village?"

Qu (32)

Submitted by:
Councillor J. Neville
Responsibility:
Paddy McNamara
"To ask the Manager to outline what progress has been made in relation to the taking in charge of Radhairc na habhainn, Old Bawn Bridge, Old Bawn, the delays in this reaching completion and will the Manager please note that this estate is approximately eight years old and will the Manager make a statement on the issues raised within this question?"

Qu (33)

Submitted by:
Councillor J. Neville
Responsibility:
Paddy McNamara

"To ask the Manager to outline what progress has been made in relation to the taking-in-charge of  *(details supplied) and will the Manager please note that this estate is approximately twelve years old and will the Manager outline what delays, including legal issues are preventing a speedy conclusion of this issue?"

Qu (34)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Warren
Responsibility:
Katherine Banks
"To ask the manager why a huge billboard advertising at *(details supplied), has not been removed since 2003, even after residents have complained to the Council several times about it obstructing their view from their apartments, and if he will make a statement on the matter?"

Qu (35)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Warren
Responsibility:
Paddy McNamara
"To ask the Manager when will a stub wall and railings be erected on both sides of the City West Road, as per an agreement between local residents and local developers some years ago, and if he could also confirm the current time frame involved for the taking in charge of the Corbally Estate in Westbrook, Saggart, and if he will make a statement on the matter?" 

Qu (36)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Warren
Responsibility:
John Browne
"To ask the Manager to outline the nature of the shopping/commercial development proposed for Citywest which will service the new residential areas of Carrigmore, Verschoyle, Saggart Abbey and Corbally and if he will make a statement on the matter?"

Qu (37)

Submitted by:
Councillor K. Warren
Responsibility:
Paddy McNamara
"To ask the Manager when Deselby Road will be taken in charge by South Dublin County Council despite repeated attempts by the developer concerned to hand over the road to this Council for completion, and if he will make a statement on the matter?"

Headed Items

H-I (12)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Planning Not is use

Planning Files

(a)     Large Applications under consideration (circulated herewith)

(b)     Files requested by Members

H-I (13)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Planning Not is use

New Works

(if any)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Planning Not is use
(None received)

Motions

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Councillor J. Neville
Responsibility:
John Browne
"That this Committee opposes the granting of planning permission for Planning Application SD05A/0691."

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Councillor J. Hannon
Responsibility:
Michael Kenny

"That this Committee recommends that the Special Objectives in the County Development Plan in relation to Brittas be initiated as a matter of urgency." 

A-Z of All Services