Coucnil Banner Image

Council Meetings

Terenure-Rathfarnham ACM 2 13th December 2005 Agenda


Date:
13/12/2005 00:00
Location:
Council Chamber
Standing Orders:
View

Headed Items

H-I (1)

Submitted by:
Roads Department
Responsibility:
Roads Department

CONFIRMATION & REAFFIRMATION OF MINUTES

Minutes of Meeting of 8th November 2005

 

Environment

Questions

Qu (1)

Submitted by:
Sen. C. Keane
Responsibility:
Paul Fleming

"To ask the Manager when is the plastic recycling bank going to be sited at Tymon Park – Wellington Lane.  I was told it was on order some time ago.  The car park has been finished now for some time?"

Qu (2)

Submitted by:
Sen. C. Keane
Responsibility:
Paul Fleming
"To ask the Manager to state what action can be taken against landlords when rubbish is hoarded for months in rear gardens and not put out and tagged for collection - leading to rat infestation etc. in adjoining houses?"

Qu (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. Laing
Responsibility:
Paul Fleming
"To ask the Manager to carry out a Cleanup on Kimmage Road West  between the traffic lights and the entrance to St. Annes Estate adjacent to the bus shelter?"

Headed Items

H-I (2)

Submitted by:
Environmental Services
Responsibility:
Environmental Services

New Works

(No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (1)

Submitted by:
Environmental Services
Responsibility:
Environmental Services

Correspondence

(None Received)

Motions

Mot (1)

Submitted by:
Roads Department
Responsibility:
Environmental Services

Cathaoirleach's Business

(No Business Received)

Mot (2)

Submitted by:
Councillor T. McDermott
Responsibility:
Maria O'Neill

"That the Committee discuss, with the aid of a detailed report from the Manager, the role of the Environment Department in assessing  the consequences of building a Lidl retail store on a former landfill site on Greenhills Road (SD05A/0552), how the presence of potentially dangerous material came to the attention of the Council, the steps being taken to rectify it, the possible implications to neighbouring houses regarding odours from gas emissions and the steps being taken to rectify all aspects of the situation. The report should refer to the Council's understanding of the existing readings of critical measures from the site, where they fit within acceptable minimum and maximum tolerances and how potential risks will be managed in the future - in light of the fact that the boundaries of the landfill are not known. The report should also explain why these issues were not addressed in the original planning application (SD04A/0784)."

 

Mot (3)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ardagh
Responsibility:
Paul Fleming
"That the Manager include the laneway at the rear of St. Peter's Road (uneven side) in the laneway cleaning schedule for 2006 and that funding be provided in the estimates for the cleaning of all laneways in Terenure/Rathfarnham on a quarterly basis from 2006 onwards and that as an interim measure that the particular laneway in question be cleaned before Christmas as it is in a very poor condition."

Mot (4)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ardagh
Responsibility:
Maria O'Neill

"That the Manager give a report on the serious situation that exists in Cherry Grove, Walkinstown in relation to the ongoing drainage problems which are causing severe flooding in rear gardens of residents' homes on an ongoing basis and stress to elderly residents who are unable to cope with clearing drains, sometimes monthly, and to ask the Manger to investigate the cause of this problem, which is also developing into a serious health hazard, and to find out where the blockage is occurring and carry out whatever remedial work is necessary."

 

Housing

Questions

Qu (4)

Submitted by:
Sen. C. Keane
Responsibility:
Michael Fagan

"To ask the Manager to outline the procedures that can be taken against landlords who consistently refuse to look after their rented property and to outline the duties of the newly established national body for registration?"

Qu (5)

Submitted by:
Sen. C. Keane
Responsibility:
Fiacra Worrall,Hugh Pierce

"To ask the Manager to report on the upgrade and security measures required for Pears Brothers Apartments, and when is this likely to proceed?"

Headed Items

H-I (3)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Housing Administration

Report on Housing Construction Programme

(Circulated Herewith)

H-I (4)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Mary O'Shaughnessy

Report on Affordable Housing

(Circulated Herewith)

H-I (5)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Housing Administration

New Works

(No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (2)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Housing Administration

Correspondence

(none received)

Motions

Mot (5)

Submitted by:
Housing Administration
Responsibility:
Housing Administration

Cathaoirleach's Business

(No Business Received)

Mot (6)

Submitted by:
Sen. C. Keane
Responsibility:
Brian Pey

"That this Committee discuss, with the aid of an up to date report, the upgrading of the apartments at Palmer/Pearse Brothers Park with a view to speeding a badly needed and long overdue upgrade." I received the following information in a report NO. 15  14/6/05

 "……. upgrading works are planned for these estates to bring them up to the common quality standard of other Council tenanted properties, the Council has an objective to implement an estate-wide plan for the area as an integral element of its 2004-2008 Housing Action Plan. The preliminary stage, which is underway, involves land acquisition. Discussions with the relevant land owners has commenced."  

 

Mot (7)

Submitted by:
Sen. C. Keane
Responsibility:
Mary O'Shaughnessy,Philip Murphy

"That  the Manager  bring a headed item to this committee on the housing development/ social/ affordable/integration/and travellers site etc. between Stocking Lane and Ballycullen Road along the new road, cognizant  of the fact that it is technically not in the Terenure Rathfarnham electoral area, but that we can avail of report facility under the Local Government Act." 

 

 

Parks

Questions

Qu (6)

Submitted by:
Sen. C. Keane
Responsibility:
Jim Kilgarriff,Ruairi O'Dualaing

"To ask the Manager to report on the preliminary examination following a request from Brookwood residents to have the area to the rear of the houses secured?"

Qu (7)

Submitted by:
Sen. C. Keane
Responsibility:
Jim Kilgarriff,Ruairi O'Dualaing

"To ask the Manager to report on the upgrade of the boundary along Whitehall Road//Kimmage Manor open space area and to detail the exact works proposed?" 

Qu (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor J. Lahart
Responsibility:
Jim Kilgarriff,Ruairi O'Dualaing
"To ask the Manager for a construction and completion date for the proposed footbridge over the Owendoher River?"

Qu (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. Laing
Responsibility:
Jim Kilgarriff,Ruairi O'Dualaing
"To ask the Manager to remove the graffiti from a number of Notice Boards in our Parks?"

Qu (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor A. White
Responsibility:
Jim Kilgarriff,Ruairi O'Dualaing
"To ask the Manager what if any attention the Parks Department pays to the green area surrounding the Arch situated at Lower Dodder Road as it would appear that the area requires to be cleaned up and maintained consistent with preserving and enhancing the arch itself, which is an important landmark historically?"

Headed Items

H-I (6)

Submitted by:
Roads Department
Responsibility:
Jim Kilgarriff,Ruairi O'Dualaing

Arboricultural Programme 2005 - 2006

(Circulated Herewith)

H-I (7)

Submitted by:
Roads Department
Responsibility:
Jim Kilgarriff,Ruairi O'Dualaing

Landscape Plan for Small Roundabout at St. Peter's Road

(Circulated Herewith)

H-I (8)

Submitted by:
Roads Department
Responsibility:
Parks Department

New Works

Sports Facilities Tymon Park

Correspondence

Cor (3)

Submitted by:
Parks Department
Responsibility:
Parks Department

Correspondence

(none received)

Motions

Mot (8)

Submitted by:
Councillor A. White
Responsibility:
Jim Kilgarriff,Ruairi O'Dualaing

Cathaoirleach's Business

"That the Manager present a report, as undertaken some time ago, regarding the outbuildings at Rathfarnham Castle."

Mot (9)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ardagh
Responsibility:
Jim Kilgarriff,Ruairi O'Dualaing
"That the Manager undertake to maintain and weed the flowerbed at the shopping mall on St. Peter's Road installed last season to assist the Residents Association who contributed an enormous amount of work to bring this project to fruition."

Mot (10)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. Laing
Responsibility:
Jim Kilgarriff,Ruairi O'Dualaing
"That the Manger report on the number of mototcycles using Tymon Park at night and would he state what action he is taking."

Mot (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. Laing
Responsibility:
Jim Kilgarriff,Ruairi O'Dualaing

"That the Manager contact the Orwell Park Residents Association to provide the necessary improvements in the large open space and to prepare a plan for its future development."

 

Community

Questions

Qu (11)

Submitted by:
Councillor M. Ardagh
Responsibility:
Michael Coleman
"To ask the Manager to give an update on the request from local residents to have the path at Templeogue House from Rossmore to the main entrance extended to the boundary wall of the house in the interests of the amenity of the area?"

Qu (12)

Submitted by:
Sen. C. Keane
Responsibility:
Michael Coleman

"To ask the Manager to give (a) report on the Templeogue house refurbishment, (b) the lighting and completion of the footpath linking Rossmore Lawn to Templeogue Road as previously requested last September?"

Qu (13)

Submitted by:
Councillor S. Laing
Responsibility:
Michael Coleman
"To ask the Manager when is he going to complete the walkway adjoining Rossmore and Templeogue Road where weeds are very unsightly adjoining the boundary wall,also to repair the footpath at the turnstyle?"

Headed Items

H-I (9)

Submitted by:
Roads Department
Responsibility:
Michael Coleman

Application for Grants

(Circulated Herewith)

H-I (10)

Submitted by:
Roads Department
Responsibility:
Teresa Walsh

Library News Events

(Circulated Herewith)

H-I (11)

Submitted by:
Community Services
Responsibility:
Community Services

(New Works)

(No Business)

Correspondence

Cor (4)

Submitted by:
Community Services
Responsibility:
Community Services

Correspondence

(none received)

Motions

Mot (12)

Submitted by:
Roads Department
Responsibility:
Parks Department

Cathaoirleach's Business

(No Business Received)

A-Z of All Services